8 Must Know YouTube URL Tricks & Hacks; There’s no doubt that, YouTube is world’s best video streaming site. Having hours of video uploaded every hour. YouTube is also considered as world’s second best search engines. For creators, it’s way of living too.
No matter how much time do you spend on watching videos, if you aren’t learning something new, then it means nothing. Here are some cool YouTube URL Tricks, which you wish you had known.
For instance, if you’re a creator on YouTube, these all tricks are going to be more surprising for you. Anyways, moving on to the YouTube URL Tricks.
Remember that, some of these YouTube URL Tricks are not official.
1. Bypass Age Restrictions
Some of the videos on YouTube having mature content are flagged and you can’t watch it without logging into an account which proves you’re 18+.
However, a simple YouTube URL hack will help you in accessing that video, without signing in to your account.
Follow below steps to bypass age restrictions on YouTube videos.
- Pick up the URL of the restricted Video. For e.g – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2W_-GEsyrI
- Remove the “Watch?” and replace the “=” with “/” which makes the URL looks like – https://www.youtube.com/v/d2W_-GEsyrI
- You will be in the full-screen mode and the video is playing without any extra permissions.
- You can use the same trick on Access Region-Locked Content as well, where you don’t have permission to watch a video from a specific region.
2. Download Any YouTube Video
You might be already following any website or application to download and save YouTube videos or may be, you only know to save videos using option given in YouTube app.
However, you can’t save all videos due to some reason including copyright. This YouTube URL Hacks will allow you to do all but don’t go illegal by downloading copyrighted content.
It’s pretty easy to download any YouTube Video, the only thing you need is a browser and internet connection.
- First of all, copy URL of the video which you want to download. For e.g – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2W_-GEsyrI
- Now, before the URL, put pwn or kick or ss and open that. Like – pwnyoutube.com/watch?v=d2W_-GEsyrI or kickyoutube.com/watch?v=d2W_-GEsyrI or ssyoutube.com/watch?v=d2W_-GEsyrI.
- On the next page, the video will be available to download in various formats.
- Choose any format which you love and hit download.
3. Loop a YouTube Video Infinitely
On YouTube, there are tons of videos available including music videos and films. However, there are some channels which also provides stress-free music or music to meditate on your work.
It’s very annoying when you’re listening to that and video came to the end. Ohh! Damn it. Anyways, you can always loop a YouTube Video like in your music player to continuously listening to a specific music, video until your heart says no more.
To loop a YouTube Video, you just need to tweak YouTube URL a little bit and that’s it.
- Copy URL of the video, you want to loop. For e.g – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8
- Now change it like – youtuberepeater.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8
- That’s it! It will not STOP until you want.
Alternatively, you can also right click on a Video and select the loop option to so the same.
4. Save Time, Watch Video From Specific Time
Let suppose, there’s video on YouTube with a guide about something. Now, you love only half of the video as half contains random talk apart from the main content.
For instance, if you’re a blogger or someone who needs to embed YouTube at your website then it will be also helpful to you. How? Well, you understand well.
So, you want to share that video but only last part, not the annoying talk in starting. You can always do that, using a simple YouTube URL Trick.
This can be done by adding &t=YmXXs to the end of video URL.
- First of all, copy URL of the YouTube video, you want to share or embed. For e.g – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8
- Now, let suppose you want to play it from 1 minute & 10 seconds then tweak the URL as – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8&t=1m10s
- That’s it!
- Now, Anyone with this could watch the video starting at 1 minute & 10 seconds.
5. Download Thumbnail of Any YouTube Video
Let suppose you want to download thumbnail of any YouTube video then, you can always get it in full quality without searching for that.
With the simple URL tweak, you can download thumbnail of any YouTube Video.
In general, YouTube title all thumbnails as maxresdefault and here’s how you can take benefit of that.
- Before you get started, copy URL of the video of which you want the thumbnail. For e.g – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8
- Now change it as, https://img.youtube.com/vi/FssjYootBq8/maxresdefault.jpg
- That’s it! You will get the thumbnail in original quality.
You will get error if the video owner hasn’t uploaded any custom thumbnail for the video.
6. Make a YouTube Video as GIF
Some Videos on YouTube has an awesome moment, which we want to grab and share, but not as a Video. So, here you go.
You can turn that video into GIF easily without using any software or application. Just have to tweak the URL little bit.
- Copy URL of the video, you would like to turn into GIF. For e.g – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8
- Change this URL as, gifyoutube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8
- You will be redirected to Gifs.com, don’t be panic. It’s the site which will convert the video into GIF.
- The video will be turned into GIF in next couple of seconds.
7. Watch Only Your Loved Ones
Sometimes, suggested content by YouTube are insanely bad. Trust or not, it happens. Moreover, YouTube sometimes displays totally strange content on your home without keeping your interest in mind.
However, it’s a good idea to watch only those you have subscribed to and don’t have an awkward feeling with the strangers.
To do this, you just need to sign in to your YouTube account and then go to youtube.com/feed/subscriptions and that’s it. No more unusual content you have.
8. Disable Related Videos
This would be helpful in case you embed a YouTube video in your site but don’t want you, users, to be distracted with suggested videos.
Sometimes, it irritates the users. So, better to disable them when you have to keep your user attracted toward your content.
- Copy iframe code of the Video from the share option below YouTube Video.
- Now, change the video URL inside the code as, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8?rel=0 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssjYootBq8.
- That’s it.
- Remember that, it only when you’re embedding a YouTube Video.
Use these YouTube URL Tricks & Hacks from now!
No one gives a damn, how you used to look at the YouTube URLs before reading this post. Now, you’re wise enough to handle YouTube URLs, have fun.
Don’t forget to share this content with your loved ones.